Tuesday 22 March 2011

How did you attract/address your audience?

I decided to use my model as the main attraction to my magazine. By using a large image in the center and then smaller one's it catches your eye and ultimately attracts you to it. I had not seen this on any other magazine covers before and therefore I think it adds individuality and makes it quite unique. Also by using a dark background I enabled the model to stand out more and by photoshopping some of her features such as making her eyes brighter it makes it stand out more through contrasting the other factors on the page. Along with this I decided to use red in my colour scheme so it stands out well and once again catches your eye- this was also helped by the other two colours in my scheme, black and white. I used green on the background of the smaller images because I felt it added more colour to my front cover yet this is not something I kept throughout the magazine as I felt the black, white and red looked effective on my contents page and double page spread alone. It is also easy to read against the background so you can automatically see what you will be reading and know if you are interested. By using direct eye contact it makes the audience feel they have a relationship with the model and this will attract them to know more. I used quite innocent looking pictures yet chose to have my model with her hair done and her make up more dominant than in my preliminary. I did this so it attracts a male audience due to her attractiveness, it can attract any age group and the image is appropriate and also due to her being quite a natural and real life model size it would attract a female audience and also not put any pressure on them about weight or looks as it is not that type of magazine. It is about music and not beauty. I decided to use a lot of the same style artists, I feel this adds continuity through out and enables people to know what they are going to be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment