Tuesday 22 March 2011

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


I decided to make it very music related in all the topics and offer a lot of information on things such as tours because people that often buy music magazine's have a real interest in music and do not just listen to the charts. I also decided to have well known and up coming artists and this gives variation and makes people more aware of different types of artists. Music magazines often only use big celebrities such as Pete Dougherty and I decided I would not do this. I used an interview on my double page spread which is another factor that conforms to conventions as an interview is the most commonly used. This allowed me to have a lot of text to write and also still be able to use an image as the main focus. I have also rarely seen many other type of double page spreads in music magazines. I have included a price, bar code and issue number. When doing my research I found they all had these and this therefore meant I needed to conform to the conventions of current magazines. I used a large eye catching mast head as well as without this people will not know your magazine name straight away and it will not catch their eye. I included a tag line and made it quite relaxed and light hearted so readers would get a feel of the magazine style and understand what it is about, I found from Under The Radar that using something that is not too serious makes a large difference in the way in which people view your magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment