Tuesday 22 March 2011

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My magazine is mainly targeted at mostly female's and therefore I have chosen to represent women through my product. I have chosen a female model and decided to only have medium shots of her, this is because I wanted people to focus on her features and for those to catch her eye. I also thought a medium close up would be most suited because people can not judge her or get idea's about body weight and be influenced for example with some magazines they will only have models under a certain size and I do not agree with this so I am therefore representing women and their rights through this. My target audience are also quite young and I chose quite a young model so it is easily to relate to. She has a relaxed posture and is smiling, she is also not dressed up in expensive clothing or trying to look sophisticated therefore relating to a large range of people. Teenagers would be able to relate to her look and also the things she says in the interview can be related too by a large range of people as they are centred quite a bit around love and this is something every social group and age experiences in their life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment