Tuesday 22 March 2011

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Alexa Chung.
My target audience would look very similar to Alexa in her style of clothing and the fact she is at a music festival. She is also around the age my magazine is targeted at.

My magazine represents quite a large range of people yet it is aimed at are people with quite a specific music interest into 'Indie' and Acoustic music. The magazine has a common theme of this genre and even the model has quite a particular look to portray this. My target audience is people aged around 13 - 25. Though this is quite a small group of the population, these are the people that read magazine's most and have quite specific interest's therefore would be quite likely to purchase it. Also for my research I only asked people of this age as I felt it would be easiest for myself to make a magazine that I would be able to relate too and due to most of my friends being this age I was able to get a lot of good and reliable responses. I had asked my family about music magazines before hand and found none of them read music magazines and this therefore would not of been ideal. When making my magazine I was mostly influenced by magazine's such as NME and Under the Radar. They both used mostly Indie artists and had quite a similar target audience's- they are also both very successful which would help my magazine sell well as it is fresh and new yet still has similarities with current products out there. My reader profile was very similar to that of both of these magazines and this also helped with choosing the age range of my target audience and the aspects I would include.

No comments:

Post a Comment